1. Students will be able to define the key names and event of the Civil War.
(describe, identify, list, name, match)
2. Students will be able to explain the major causes of the war as well as their effect on the outcome.
(distinguish, estimate, infer, paraphrase, summarize)
3. Students will be able to produce a thematic or document based essay based on acquired knowledge.
(demonstrate, discover, manipulate, prepare, produce)
4. Student will be able to outline the major battle of the war, describing their impact on the war at large.
(illustrate, relate, select, diagram, differentiate)
5. Students will be able to summarize the major causes, events, and outcomes of the Civil War.
(categorize, combine, compile, compose, create)
6. Students will be able to draw conclusions about the impact the Civil War had on American History.
(appraise, discriminate, explain, justify, interpret, relate)